Emma TarBush, Green Club Animator, B.A.S.E. Daycare Program
Game #1: 20-Card Game
Step 1. Download and print cards: Plants and Their Friends Memory Cards
Step 2. The first version of the game is educational. The pairs of cards that match relate to the concept of companion planting in gardening.
*Gardeners plant crops closely together and choose plants that grow in harmony with one another. This method, called companion planting, has many benefits. It helps to control pests, encourage pollination, provide habitat for beneficial insects, make best use of space and increase crop productivity.
The plants that are pairs in the game can be planted next to one another in the garden for a more successful harvest!
THE RULES FOR PLAYING
1. Mix up the cards.
2. Lay them in rows, face down *with the green side facing up
3. Turn over any two cards.
4. If the numbers match, keep them.
5. If they don’t match, turn them back over.
6. The goal is to remember the number of the card and where it was located.
7. Watch and remember during the other player’s turn.
8. The game is over when all the cards have been matched.
9. The player with the most matches wins!
Game #2: 40-Card Game
Download and print two copies of each card (a total of 40 cards): Plants and Their Friends Memory Cards. Instead of matching cards that have the same number, this version of the game requires matching of the same vegetable/fruit. This card game will last longer than the first version and will be more challenging for players.
Download a copy of Plants and Their Friends Memory Cards
Download a copy of the game instructions